Monday 22 December 2008

shipping and shopping

CC is right.. I've been a bit slack on the posts of late.. The Christmas D.I.Y is taking its toll and most of my time is spent painting, gluing and sticking trying to get it all finished by Thursday... Its going to get done but I have so many other things to do as well... organise Christmas lunch/day for a start...Eek!

Also added to my load was the arrival of my London shipping on Friday. I've had a lot of expensive shoes and clothes packed away in a crap load of cardboard boxes making their way across the seas for the last 2 months and I was a tad scared I was never going to see any of it again.

But here it is and now after unpacking one box this is what my bed looks like... SHEEZ huh?



After adding this to my Australian wardrobe it's all going to become just a bit fucking ridiculous...
But don't think that this has stopped me from hitting up a sample sale last week, going op shopping and scouring the markets over the weekend... I really can't control myself and I really don't want to.

So here's a peak at some of the excellent crap I have acquired of late...

Ok so I didn't buy this one for myself but I have to share, my girlfriend Ceara just got back from the states and bought me this... She and I share a love of the hideously beautiful aesthetic... A handmade hippo necklace.. I fricking love it



At the sample sale I picked up a couple of Michelle Robson dresses... they were made as samples only and never put into production but I loved them and at only $50 bucks a piece I was SOLD! I also got an Elke necklace from her first collection that I loved but could never afford at the time. The photo is of my friend Jess and I at Yum Cha... I'm wearing one of the dresses and the necklace... a friend of mine once told me that only poor people wear new things as soon as they've bought them... personally I can't wait to put on new shit as soon as I've got it in my hot little hands.



Close up of necklace...



The next 2 items are not for the faint hearted but maybe it was after CC's fiorruci post that I got all nostalgic and persuaded myself to purchase these swimmers (tags still on!) and hot tuna jeans whilst in an op shop...





I remember wanting these jeans sooooo badly in the 90's but they were like a million dollars and so outta my league. They are actually a really good cut (super tight and skinny) but I don't know how much wear I will get out of them... Noodle hates them but that was a given...

Lastly at the markets I bought myself this cute 70's glazed vase (for 2 bucks!) and these nice Christmas flowers...



And so the shopping continues...

1 comment:

Community College said...

i love all the shit you bought!!! i want it, haha. thats so mean saying only poor ppl wear shit straight after they bought it! i do that all the time and yes i'm poor but...still a cunty comment! I hate rich people, i hope whoever said that got fucked in the ass on the stockmarket when wall st died and now has to shop at cotton on, or *gasp* actually take the tags off the shit they have bought and finally wear it. The only good thing to come from the economic criseez is that a little part of me feels real happy that ALOT of rich people got fucked over. I know it will still effect us proliteriates but it's still a silver lining.