Monday 29 September 2008

Eagle Eye



So I took my own advice on Friday Night and swapped Dinner for a Jumbo Popcorn and some Cinema Style entertainment. There is Fuck All good flicks on at the moment and the Dark Knight is only on at reasonably inconvenient times. I am pretty sick to death of Will Ferrel and that other idiot from Talladega Nights making the same movie with different Names and Settings so Step Brother wasn't on the Cards.

Usually I stick to Comedies or Indie Rock scored flicks like Juno or Napoleon Dynamite but for this special occasion I broke the box office and went with Eagle Eye. Some thriller with Shia LaBeouf in it, which was really the only reason I went to watch it, as he is so fucking hot it is borderline ridiculous. Case in Point;



Anyway the Movie was Dope! I'm not going into plotlines because I tried to on the weekend and it made it sound B-Grade and shit (And don't hit the Wikipedia link on Eagle Eye above if you don't want the Plot Ruined). All I will say is that I hate political films, films about Terrorism and Arnie style Rambo wannabe Action Flicks, and despite this having the potential to be all those and worse it was really clever and fucking Intense.

Nice surprises were Rosario Dawson and Billy Bob Thornton, Rosario in her first non Kids, non Tarantino, non Smith, non Rodriguez stereotype Rosario role was also really dope. Not often does a flick like this come along that actually pulls it all off, the last one I saw was Blood Diamond, which if you haven't seen I would thoroughly recommend. Anyway if you're looking for a way to kill a couple of hours for cheap, check it out on Tight Ass Tuesday! If only for Shia!

No comments: