Monday 17 November 2008

The Wackness


Who wants to see this with me? It looks dope and I just realised that cute friend of the main chick in Juno is in it, I liked her (i HATED Juno's character but, errrgghghghg what an annoying little cunt).

Basically the run down is this:

Its the summer of 1994, and the streets of New York are pulsing with hip hop and wafting with the sweet aroma of marijuana. The newly-inaugurated mayor, Rudolph Giuliani, is only beginning to implement his anti-fun initiatives against crimes like noisy portable radio, graffiti and public drunkenness.

The Wackness centers upon a troubled high school student named Luke Shapiro (Josh Peck)a teenage pot dealer who forms a friendship with Dr. Jeffrey Squires (Ben Kingsley), a psychiatrist and kindred lost soul. When the doctor proposes Luke trade him weed for therapy sessions, the two begin to explore both New York City and their own depression.

Propelled by an exuberant hip hop score, The Wackness captures the spell of 1994--a time of pagers, not cell phones; a time when Tupac and Biggie were alive but Kurt Cobain had just died. Funny and moving, The Wackness is an offbeat tale of two lost souls stumbling towards maturity.

Sounds good. Here's a trailer and wait for the trailer to end so you can see the product that sponsored the trailer or some shit, HILARIOUS!! I wanna buy one! I can't skate but maybe I could skid around on my feet and look like I'm magic. I would piss myself laughing if someone had one of these things, soooo funny.



let's go see this thursday night or some shit. I think they have it at Cinema Nova on Lygon. I'll go research it. Can we get stoned before it to to get in the spirit of shit as well.

4 comments:

Mr Bananas said...

this is a good film, downloaded it on the lappy and watched it getting stoned in the park with juice and chocolate...a good day

miss c said...

A definite must see - it is so good!

Hyclass... said...

ive been reading bout this n hearing about it.. look forward to seeing it!!! chyeah :)

Hayley said...

Maybe we can check it at the Sun Theatre in Yarraville (it's dope). Obviously I posted my last comment in the wrong post. Duuurrrrr.

X