Thursday 24 January 2008

Bjork - Sydney



I was lucky enough to get 2 of the 5000 tickets to see Bjork at the Opera House. Those of you that know me are well aware that I love this woman! I have to say without doubt that it was the most incredible show that I've ever seen.

Didn't get any flicks as a request from the lady herself - if you're busy taking photos/video, you're not in the moment, right? Besides, they just wouldn't be able to do it justice. But if you're desperate, Flickr it.

You can't imagine anything more amazing than sitting by the water on the steps of the forecourt with the Opera House behind you, full moon blazing and the backdrop to the stage being Sydney city with the Harbour Bridge on the right...

Stumbled across these guys too. I'm sure it's not news to everyone else (I don't really listen to the radio and don't really have the tolerance to watch music TV). There was a collective groan when these two walked out on to the stage to open the show. Keyboard guitars don't usually mean you're in for a good show. Turns out that they were awesome. The grin on the singers face throughout the entire set was priceless.

Not usually in to this stuff, but the live show did it for me. Check out Shy Child



Catch them at the Big Day Out. Their sideshows were cancelled. Boo!

No comments: